Megacli - Smartctl - Dell PERC

pblou

Jan 9, 2017
Hello,

I'm using PERC H730P on DELL server and I see my disk in Proxmox GUI but Type: Unknow and SMART Unknow.

Anybody know how to resolv this ? Anywhere we can change smartctl command with the -d megaraid parameter ?

(I have install megacli-status)

thks 4 help

Pblou

Anybody know how to resolv this ? Anywhere we can change smartctl command with the -d megaraid parameter ?
no this is not implemented, but it is just an inconvenience with the display, nothing bad should come from this.
you should configure smartd probably to recognize and check your disks (if your raid controller does this not automatically)

Hello,

many thks for reply. smartd if already configured and working well.

Pl

I personally recommend to install StorCLI too, and check periodically arrays/drives/controllers with it. Provides much more detailed output, than smartd...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!