Many questions as a proxmox beginner

informant

Renowned Member
Jan 31, 2012
Hi all, we have any questions to using proxmox (v2 beta) at first time.

Can you tell me please:

- how can i find to configure CPU in % ?
- where can i change the harddisc size of existing harddisc ?
- where can i set the swap of harddisc ?
- where can i show the traffic of VM´s for daily, monthly and yearly in a overview ?
- can i set a traffic limit for month for a user ?
- can i set the networkspeed 10/100 or 1000 MBit on a VM networkcard ? if yes, where ?
- how can i set a ip-pool for example 89.0.10.1 - 89.0.10.255 ?
- where can i set the ip-adress for a VM ?
- can i configure backups with inkrementell and/or differentiell backups ?
- can i add more as one dns-server ?
- where can i set standard values of loginlanguage, keyboardlayout ...?
- can i migrade existing vm´s out of openvz (ovz weninterface) ?

I hope you can help me. we are new in using proxmox. Very thanks for your help and support...

Best Regards...

Welcome here, but before you ask all things please read the existing doc´s and install a test system. if anything is unclear, search the forum for answers. if still no answer, ask here but do try to ask only ONE simple question per thread.

Read all articles starting from here:
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Documentation

See also the video tutorials for 2.0 on www.youtube.com/proxmoxve

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I have install already newest beta of proxmox and have read already the documentation. But in this version i cant find this options on the webinterface. Can you help me please. We would change from ovz interface to proxmox and need at start help on the new webinterface and this options, whitch we doesn´t found in proxmox v2 interface. It would be very nice if we could have someone here with advice and practical help and might call the information. Thank you very much...

regards from germany

Thanks for Link. But this i have already read. I look for my question out of my first Thread.

Looks like you did not understand my first post here.

> ask only ONE simple question per thread

asking too much in one thread no-one will answer. most of your question can be answered after reading the docs and taking a look on the beta. for the rest, open new thread(s).

Oh, sorry Tom. I have read on this. I create for one questions a thread. Thanks.

major answer for your questions are in documenation and in the wiki. So read and try by yourself.

It's not difficult.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!