Many mail servers usage.

ozgurerdogan

Renowned Member
May 2, 2010
Bursa, Turkey, Turkey
I started to test PMG. I have several windows and linux mail server. Is it possible to use one PMG for all server for central protection management. I could not find a guide fur such scenerio. Can you please post a sample network configuration? If I need to create one PMG for each mail server, I also would like to see a sample network config for that also.

Ok I was able to make first test but I have to add domain to both "transport relay domain field" and also "relay domains" tab which makes my wish no automated. Is there a way to use ip instead of adding each domain for all mail servers?

Ok I was able to make first test but I have to add domain to both "transport relay domain field" and also "relay domains" tab/QUOTE]

ok!

which makes my wish no automated. Is there a way to use ip instead of adding each domain for all mail servers?

why is this preventing your "automation" idea? just use the API.

Yes but in docs, I see "All hosts in this list are allowed to relay." But when I add network of mail server I still need to add domain to relay domains tab. Is that normal? No way to use ips instead of domains?

Yes but in docs, I see "All hosts in this list are allowed to relay." But when I add network of mail server I still need to add domain to relay domains tab. Is that normal? No way to use ips instead of domains?

First, your need to add your email domains in the relay tab. Now, all SMTP traffic is not sent to internal email server, configured in the default relay.

If you have more internal email servers and you want that emails for example domain2.com are not sent to the default relay, you can add domain2.com to the transports, pointing to the second internal email server.

I set default relay to none. Added domains to relay domains tab and transport tab. So far scanning mails. But I will have to add all domain. I will try adding them manually to /etc/pmg/domains and /etc/pmg/transport is that ok?

I set default relay to none. Added domains to relay domains tab and transport tab. So far scanning mails. But I will have to add all domain. I will try adding them manually to /etc/pmg/domains and /etc/pmg/transport is that ok?

Worked for me this way.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!