[SOLVED] Mail reject

thien_nv

Jul 12, 2021
Hi guys.
Recently, a customer emailed me and had an issue like below
I have added the domain to whitelist. but I don't understand how this error occurs
Some emails coming from the domain still pass.
Example: ThaiNX3@fpt.com.vn
Someone please help me
I'm using mdeamon. i turn off authentication SPF in Mdeamon.
Thanks All.
-----------------------Log-------------------------------
Aug 10 23:59:49 gateway postfix/smtpd[6937]: connect from bulkmail.fpt.net[210.245.0.187]
Aug 10 23:59:49 gateway postfix/smtpd[6937]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from bulkmail.fpt.net[210.245.0.187]: 554 5.7.1 <kythuat@vdo.vn>: Recipient address rejected: Rejected by SPF: 210.245.0.187 is not a designated mailserver for fti.idchn.ticket%40fpt.com.vn (context mfrom, on gateway.vdo.vn); from=<fti.idchn.ticket@fpt.com.vn> to=<kythuat@vdo.vn> proto=ESMTP helo=<bulkmail.fpt.net>
Aug 10 23:59:49 gateway postfix/smtpd[6937]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from bulkmail.fpt.net[210.245.0.187]: 554 5.7.1 <thiennv@vdo.vn>: Recipient address rejected: Rejected by SPF: 210.245.0.187 is not a designated mailserver for fti.idchn.ticket%40fpt.com.vn (context mfrom, on gateway.vdo.vn); from=<fti.idchn.ticket@fpt.com.vn> to=<thiennv@vdo.vn> proto=ESMTP helo=<bulkmail.fpt.net>
Aug 10 23:59:49 gateway postfix/smtpd[6937]: disconnect from bulkmail.fpt.net[210.245.0.187] ehlo=2 starttls=1 mail=1 rcpt=0/2 data=0/1 rset=1 quit=1 commands=6/9

The error message is explaining it:
Rejected by SPF: 210.245.0.187 is not a designated mailserver for fti.idchn.ticket%40fpt.com.vn

fpt.com.vn has a problem with their SPF record (if they want to send from 210.245.0.187 they need to include it in the SPF record)
-> This is something the mailadmin of fpt.com.vn needs to fix

If you want to whitelist them for SPF checks - you need to add them to the mailproxy whitelist (GUI->Administration->Mail Proxy->Whitelist)

see also:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#pmgconfig_whitelist_overview

(you could also disable the SPF checks on Mail Proxy level GUI->Administration->Mail Proxy->Options)

I hope this helps!

The error message is explaining it:

fpt.com.vn has a problem with their SPF record (if they want to send from 210.245.0.187 they need to include it in the SPF record)
-> This is something the mailadmin of fpt.com.vn needs to fix

If you want to whitelist them for SPF checks - you need to add them to the mailproxy whitelist (GUI->Administration->Mail Proxy->Whitelist)

see also:
https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#pmgconfig_whitelist_overview

(you could also disable the SPF checks on Mail Proxy level GUI->Administration->Mail Proxy->Options)

I hope this helps!
Thanks @Stoiko Ivanov ...
I will try add domain to whitelist.

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!