Mail Filter - What Objects - Content-Type

NFS

Mar 21, 2022
Hello Everybody,

i am new to PMG and want to know if it is possible to add multiple Content Type Filters to a What Object at once.
Also i have not found a way to copy What Objects, is this not possible?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Lars

i am new to PMG and want to know if it is possible to add multiple Content Type Filters to a What Object at once.
yes - simply go to 'What Objects' (under Mail Filter), select your object and then in the right pane click on 'Add'

Also i have not found a way to copy What Objects, is this not possible?
No this is not implemented

I hope this helps!

Hello,
thanks for the reply.
But the question was how to add, lets say 50 content-type-filters at once to the what-object, not one after the other.
Best regards
Lars

But the question was how to add, lets say 50 content-type-filters at once to the what-object, not one after the other.
hmm - in that case I guess I'd use `pmgsh` on the command line or the REST-API (pmgsh is basically a cli-wrapper around the api).

The docs on the PVE-API provide a good start (the api is very similar (the header and cookie names are renamed from PVE to PMG though):
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_API

the API viewer (available on your system behind the Documentation button, but also for the last point-release here:https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/api-viewer/index.html#/config/ruledb/what/{ogroup}/contenttype/{id} )
shows you the layout of the API

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!