MacOS Monterey not booting anymore after Upgrade to 7.2-7

pma66271

Oct 31, 2021
It stucks with my installation, what was working fine in 7.1-....
Trying to boot from New OpenCore 17 ISO doesn't change anything.

Has some of you experts an idea, if this is a bug in proxmox or if I have to update further stuff?

Thanks in advance!
2022-07-13_23-10.png

I'm not an expert and have no experience with MacOS and therefore the screenshot does not tell me anything. I also don't know New OpenCore 17, sorry.
Try the pve-kernel-5.13 instead of the default 5.15? If that works then that narrows it down quite a bit.
Maybe you can attach the VM configuration file and any Syslog/journalctl messages of the Proxmox host when starting the VM?

In the logs there is nothing that indicates an error :(
Going back to an old Kernel is not my preferred option, because it would prevent my system being updated.

In win10, I can pass through the igpu output to the physical display, but macos has no signal output.

Could your macos do that?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!