LXD 4.20 supports live migration of LXC containers

Any update on this? Anyone look into it more? Would be nice to have live migration for LXC. Based on the article it is working as long as you add: CRIU and LXD.

I'm definitely interested in the developments here, too! The inability to perform live migrations is one of the only disadvantages of CTs vs VMs in Proxmox.

I'm definitely interested in the developments here, too! The inability to perform live migrations is one of the only disadvantages of CTs vs VMs in Proxmox.
Wht you gain on the swings, you loose on the merry-go-round.

One of the "pains" that OpenVZ never made it into the kernel ;(

I am interested in the development in here as well. Live migration is the foundation for highly available LXC container instances.

Seems this will never happen. Been this long and no response from Proxmox. Maybe lxc is on the way out and we just don't know it yet.

There just isn't anything for ProxMox to respond about: LXCs doesn't and isn't expecting the get live migrations, it'll only be the Qemu/KVM VMs.

PS: Does K8s supply live migrations? using which container tech?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!