LXC unsupported debian version '3.1'

hk@

Renowned Member
Feb 10, 2010
Vienna
kapper.net
Hi
is there some reasoning behind the support for debian>4 only?

if not please enable also v3 debian to be started in lxc environment...

regards
hk

well, the same argument could be made vor debian v4 :)

please consider letting admins do what they want and change the debian release requirement to v3.

regards,
hk

well, patch is quite easy:
in /usr/share/perl5/PVE/LXC/Setup/Debian.pm
change this line:
if !($version >= 4 && $version <= 10);
to this one:
if !($version >= 3 && $version <= 10);

thx
hk

hi
patch was tested and works with sarge (especially when migrating from old openvz-backups).

I guess at the moment the only way to get a template would be to generate an empty debian v3.x using proxmox-ve-3.4 and then back it up and restore it and then generate the template from the lxc.

for the sake of the argument I'd be fine with sarge (3.1); though I honestly see also no issue with woody but I might be wrong.

regards,
hk

PS. network-config on those old debians has to be done with "post-up route add" as the "ip route" command is not available usually, but admins who want to run this old stuff probably should manage to get their network-config right :)

PS. network-config on those old debians has to be done with "post-up route add" as the "ip route" command is not available usually, but admins who want to run this old stuff probably should manage to get their network-config right :)
then it would probably be easier if you would set the ostype to 'unmanaged' (see man pct.conf) to avoid the whole version detection

then it would probably be easier if you would set the ostype to 'unmanaged' (see man pct.conf) to avoid the whole version detection
well, if this were possible during the restore of a former VE container this might be an option, though I don't see where this would be possible to do during this openvz restore to lxc ...

well, if this were possible during the restore of a former VE container this might be an option, though I don't see where this would be possible to do during this openvz restore to lxc ...

you can set almost any option when restoring a container backup, it's just not exposed on the GUI. check "man pct"

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!