lxc ubuntu 6 and 10 don`t shutdown

Jayz

Apr 30, 2019
Hello.
I was converted openvz(Proxmox VE 1.9) with ubuntu 6.06 and ubuntu 10.04 servers to lxc(Proxmox VE 6.2-4).
If I press shutdown, I get this error

Code:
can't lock file '/run/lock/lxc/pve-config-107.lock' - got timeout (500)
Code:
command 'lxc-stop -n 107 --nokill --timeout 60' failed: exit code 1

Only stop method can poweroff container.
I can`t upgrade ubuntu to new release.
Please help.

hi,

ubuntu 6 and 10 are old, and not in our list of officially supported distributions :)

my guess is when you try to shutdown, the event isn't registered correctly in the container.

stop method works, because it just kills the process.

what happens if you run poweroff or similar command from inside the container?

ubuntu 6 and 10 are old, and not in our list of officially supported distributions :)
It`s uderstand!

what happens if you run poweroff or similar command from inside the container?
they turn off

Maybe need add some files or change any config for normally shutdown from Proxmox?

well since these distributions aren't officially supported we can't help you much.

if you want a workaround you can use pct exec CTID poweroff where CTID is the ID of the container. this should execute poweroff command inside the container. you could also try pct stop CTID (stop is different from shutdown because it's not graceful - make sure you aren't doing anything important on the containers if you choose to use any of these)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!