LXC Ubantu cannot connect through the extranet

Will Smith

Mar 21, 2022
Problem
  1. I can't SSH to Ubuntu on LXC through the external network, but I can SSH to the internal network
  2. The internal network can be connected via 22 with no problem, but the external network cannot, and the port is already open on the router.
  3. I tried to turn off the firewall, but the LXC Ubuntu, which is more like a lite version, prompts me that some of the common firewalls are not installed.
  4. I tried changing to a different CentOS version, but to no avail
  5. CentOS in the same environment is working fine without problems
Please help me

hi,

The internal network can be connected via 22 with no problem, but the external network cannot, and the port is already open on the router.
how did you make your port forwarding rule?

it should be pointing to the internal IP address of your ubuntu container.

e.g. if you container IP is 192.168.1.100 and firewall public IP is 1.2.3.4:

internet --ssh--> firewall (1.2.3.4:2222) --forward--> 192.168.1.100:22

then you should be able to reach your container by ssh: ssh 1.2.3.4 -p 2222 (or whichever port you used)

Reactions: Will Smith
OK, it is indeed a problem in this area, I found that the routing forwarding rules are duplicated, resulting in this problem, the external port is 3003, however, this port has been occupied, so there is a problem that the internal network can access the external network can not connect

Thank you very much! Have a nice life.

Reactions: oguz

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!