LXC trying to start itself

smartjack

Nov 9, 2022
Hi, I got a strange issue, where I'm not sure how it happened, but one of the configured containers is always trying to start itself, even if it's not there. It's kind of spamming the activity log and although it's not disrupting anything, it's a bit of annoying. Could you please point me where this can be reviewed or configured? I'm pretty sure I did not configure it anywhere so I am kind of surprised it is happening.

Thank you.

Hi, I got a strange issue, where I'm not sure how it happened, but one of the configured containers is always trying to start itself, even if it's not there. It's kind of spamming the activity log and although it's not disrupting anything, it's a bit of annoying. Could you please point me where this can be reviewed or configured? I'm pretty sure I did not configure it anywhere so I am kind of surprised it is happening.

Thank you.
Are you sure that "start on boot" is not set? How doe the respective configuration file /etc/pve/lxc/<ct-id>.conf look like?

Are you sure that "start on boot" is not set? How doe the respective configuration file /etc/pve/lxc/<ct-id>.conf look like?
I've since deleted that container, it's no longer there. Something is still trying to start it though, and I cannot figure out what it is. This is what I see in the details:

1668084003142.png

I've since deleted that container, it's no longer there. Something is still trying to start it though, and I cannot figure out what it is. This is what I see in the details:

View attachment 43107
Having a look into syslog from the respective period may tell us more.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!