LXC PCIe SAS controller passthrough

retnilps

Dec 10, 2020
I searched in the forum and all over around but i could not found a direct answer.
Is it possible to pass a PCIe RAID card directly to an LXC container as I can do with a KVM VM?

I found details on how to pass or no any other type of device but nothing about this particular need.

Thank you

No. The Container is running in the kernel context of the host system (isolated). What do you want to accomplish?

Thanks, it's what I imagined reading details about how they works but use cases with tv tuner or audio card made me a bit confused...

I asked because I want to create a pool of disk with snapraid and mergerfs but i don't like the idea of mounting them in the host and pass them as partition to the container.
I also want to keep the host installation as clean as possible and don't want to use snapraid or mergerfs bare-metal (I don't event know if it's possible...)

After your reply, I think that a VM with direct pci-e passthrough would be the best solution.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!