[SOLVED] LXC Gentoo didn't stop right over Proxmox

fireon

Distinguished Member
Oct 25, 2010
Austria/Graz
iteas.at
Hello,

i have here one LXC Gentoo that didn't stop right after shutdown from the host. If look at the logs in the container no shutdown event was triggered. After the timeout the CT stops. Error Messeage in PVE:
Code:
lxc-stop: 124: commands_utils.c: lxc_cmd_sock_rcv_state: 70 Resource temporarily unavailable - Failed to receive message
TASK OK
pve-manager/5.4-3/0a6eaa62 (running kernel: 4.15.18-12-pve)
Here are the config:
Code:
arch: amd64
cores: 4
cpuunits: 512
description: Gentoo
hostname: mon.tux.local
memory: 2048
net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,hwaddr=46:05:FE:83:45:AC,ip=dhcp,ip6=auto,type=veth
onboot: 1
ostype: gentoo
rootfs: local-zfs:subvol-124-disk-0,acl=1,size=45G
swap: 512
What have to be in the CT that a normal shutdown from the host is possible?

Looks like the signal sent by lxc-stop is not handled correctly. There was this issue back in 2017: https://github.com/lxc/lxc/issues/1928
Is your container up-to-date? Which init system are you using?

I could not reproduce it here. Neither with gentoo-current-default_20180906_amd64.tar.xz nor after updating it. Could you provide some more information? What's running in there? Any modifications to the init system?
And does it happen on a new container as well?

Hello,

my CT build by by an earlier CT-Template. Gentoo run's on openrc. With an new CT it works. My one worked also, but i think after some Update inside the CT the issue was generated. I don't know when, because i realized that to late. The Gentoo is up to date and it runs with vdr and an dvbcard. To disable all the specials did't help.

Lxc usually sends either a SIGPWR (30) or SIGRTMIN+3 (35), you could see if the container's init (pid 1) reacts to either of those.
It would be weird though if something from inside gentoo changed that behavior of the init system...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!