LXC Gentoo didn't stop right over Proxmox

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by fireon, Apr 14, 2019.

1. fireon

fireon Well-Known Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

Hello,

i have here one LXC Gentoo that didn't stop right after shutdown from the host. If look at the logs in the container no shutdown event was triggered. After the timeout the CT stops. Error Messeage in PVE:
    Code:
    lxc-stop: 124: commands_utils.c: lxc_cmd_sock_rcv_state: 70 Resource temporarily unavailable - Failed to receive message
    TASK OK
    pve-manager/5.4-3/0a6eaa62 (running kernel: 4.15.18-12-pve)
    Here are the config:
    Code:
    arch: amd64
    cores: 4
    cpuunits: 512
    description: Gentoo
    hostname: mon.tux.local
    memory: 2048
    net0: name=eth0,bridge=vmbr0,hwaddr=46:05:FE:83:45:AC,ip=dhcp,ip6=auto,type=veth
    onboot: 1
    ostype: gentoo
    rootfs: local-zfs:subvol-124-disk-0,acl=1,size=45G
    swap: 512

What have to be in the CT that a normal shutdown from the host is possible?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mira

mira Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Looks like the signal sent by lxc-stop is not handled correctly. There was this issue back in 2017: https://github.com/lxc/lxc/issues/1928
    Is your container up-to-date? Which init system are you using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mira

mira Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

I could not reproduce it here. Neither with gentoo-current-default_20180906_amd64.tar.xz nor after updating it. Could you provide some more information? What's running in there? Any modifications to the init system?
    And does it happen on a new container as well?

4. fireon

fireon Well-Known Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

Hello,

my CT build by by an earlier CT-Template. Gentoo run's on openrc. With an new CT it works. My one worked also, but i think after some Update inside the CT the issue was generated. I don't know when, because i realized that to late. The Gentoo is up to date and it runs with vdr and an dvbcard. To disable all the specials did't help.

5. wbumiller

wbumiller Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

Lxc usually sends either a SIGPWR (30) or SIGRTMIN+3 (35), you could see if the container's init (pid 1) reacts to either of those.
    It would be weird though if something from inside gentoo changed that behavior of the init system...

6. fireon

fireon Well-Known Member
    Proxmox Subscriber

Strange... then i don't understand it, but i check the pid.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice