LVM Volume shown as empty but it's not

Halfman

Sep 24, 2018
Hello, I have a weird behavior with an LVM volume. It seems that the disk usage is not shown correctly.
I have mounted the LVM volume on the host using the `mount` command and have move some files on it.
The `df` command is showing the good value for disk usage but Proxmox interface and LVM commands seems stuck on "0,00 %" usage. Where is my issue?

Here is the result of the lvs command :
upload_2018-9-24_14-3-24.png

Here is the result of the df command :
upload_2018-9-24_14-3-51.png

It seems that the space used by the files I created is not allocated correctly. Lvdisplay show the same numbers :
upload_2018-9-24_14-5-9.png

Thank you for your help!

seems you created a filesystem on top of your thinpool - usually you just add the volume group and the thin volume in /etc/pve/storage.cfg, and proxmox creates thin-volumes for each virtual disk you create...
please post the contents of your `/etc/pve/storage.cfg`, as well as the output of `pvesm status`, `vgs`, `lvs -a`.

Also take a look at our reference documentation: https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pvesm.html#_lvm_thin_backend

Hello, thank you for your fast answer. Yep, it seems that I made it the wrong way.

Here is the content of my `/etc/pve/storage.cfg" :
upload_2018-9-24_16-29-48.png

`pvesm status` :
upload_2018-9-24_16-31-10.png

`vgs` :
upload_2018-9-24_16-31-40.png

`lvs -a` :
upload_2018-9-24_16-32-3.png

if you're really sure that you haven't saved anything on `/download` yet - you could just remove the thin volume and create it again - then do not create a filesystem on top of it and don't mount it - if the thinvolume is called download then your storage.cfg entry should already be correct.

Yep there is no important data on this. Ok I will do this, thank you for your help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!