lvm stuck

Spiros Pap

Aug 1, 2017
Hi all,

I am once again in the dire situation where one proxmox node has problems with one multipathed iscsi device and it stopped responding to lvm commands which are stuck forever. I have tried many things to restore the iscsi device but I haven't managed to do it.
The question is if there is a way to migrate running VMs from the problematic node to other nodes. The VMs are fine but since LVM commands are not returning, the GUI shows the node and all VMS with a question mark. Other than that the VMs that rely on other strorages (I have both iscsi and FC stroage connected) are running fine on the node.
Is there a way to force live migration of running VMs to other nodes? It does not seem to be a reason why not being able to do it.

Thanx,
Sp

When i do "systemctl status multipathd" I am getting:
multipathd[3683]: sdbd: path wwid has changed. Refusing to use

What does this mean? Any ideas what might be causing this?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!