lost connection error

makii

Mar 21, 2007
Hello,

we have a Proxmox 2.2 version.

Every day we have got serveral errors in mail.log like this:

SMTP RESULT: delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection with <xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.>[IP.IP.IP.IP while sending message bodySMTP

This error is shown for several domains and mail hosts (about 3..5 % of all emails we sent)

Can you help us with this issue ?

Thanks,
Krzysztof

Hello,

we have a Proxmox 2.2 version.

Every day we have got serveral errors in mail.log like this:

SMTP RESULT: delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection with <xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.>[IP.IP.IP.IP while sending message bodySMTP

This error is shown for several domains and mail hosts (about 3..5 % of all emails we sent)

Can you help us with this issue ?

Thanks,
Krzysztof

lost connection errors can have multiple reasons, mostly temporary network problems. but this is quite usual - or do you have any problem with the mail processing means for example you can´t send emails to some domains?

we have problem with some emails....

there are some emails what can't be delivered while other emails are ok to to be deliver to the same mailserver (or domain) :(

we have problem with some emails....

there are some emails what can't be delivered while other emails are ok to to be deliver to the same mailserver (or domain) :(

means these emails can never delivered? pls provide detailed logs (message tracking center).

if possible, check what firewalls are between. we got some really strange network issue on SMTP reported from users with buggy and outdated firewalls (manly zywalls and cisco) - after they got updated everything worked fine as expected.

yes, these emails are still in mailqueue.

I can send part of logs, bat because of real mail names and IPs, could you give me your email address or can I send it as PrivateMessage?

thanks,

Krzysztof

yes, these emails are still in mailqueue.

I can send part of logs, bat because of real mail names and IPs, could you give me your email address or can I send it as PrivateMessage?

thanks,

Krzysztof

send all infos to support@proxmox.com

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!