[SOLVED] Lost all networking, unsure of how to fix.

MrMe01

Sep 16, 2017
Short of reinstalling PVE, I have no idea how to fix networking.
I had an update for tcpdump, I created an Ubuntu Server VM for Nextcloud, and used the poweroff command over SSH to turn the machine off when I was done with it for the day. It's a work in progress at the moment.

Since then I have lost networking, I have lxde installed on it (first thing I installed, post install), wicd likes to think that it's connected and has an IP, I changed the IP in PVE manager, rebooted and that made no difference (thinking it would refresh something or propagate changes where necessary, to no avail)

I would naturally reinstall at the moment, however this is not Windows, I have VM's that I cannot move due to no networking and I am under the impression that this is fixable. I just need guidance.

/etc/network/interfaces, for those who wish to see it is attached.

Attachments

• interfaces.txt
    706 bytes · Views: 173
adding "auto eno1" before "iface eno1 inet manual" should solve your problem
Take a look to attachment.

After this modify /etc/hosts to adjust it if ip is changed

Attachments

• interfaces.txt
    717 bytes · Views: 208
Reactions: MrMe01
I'm getting the following on statrtup from systemcl,
  • UNIT| LOAD | SUB | JOB DESCRIPTION
  • networking.service | loaded failed | failed | Raise network interfaces
  • nmbd.service | loaded failed | failed | Samba NMB Daemon
  • pvecluster.service | loaded failed | failed | The Proxmox VE cluster filesystem
  • pveproxy.service | loaded failed | failed |PVE API Proxy Server
  • snap.nextcloud.apache.service| loaded failed | failed |Service for snap application nextcloud.apache
  • spiceproxy.service | loaded failed| failed | PVE SPICE Proxy Server
I have tried ifup eno1, but I'll give that a shot now.

I have no such file in that directory.

EDIT: the failures listed by systemctl has changed. I'll attach them in the following post

The updated failed modules are
pve-cluster.service
snap.nextcloud.apache.service

I just ran systemctl status pveproxy.service,

I get the following in the output,

Code:
/etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.key: failed to load local private key (key_file or key) at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/APIServer/AnyEvent.pm line 1626.

I think I have fixed it, running service pve-cluster restart seems to have recreated the file pve-ssl.key
Rebooting now, fingers crossed :D

//EDIT: Still broken with the errors listed, I do now have networking, internet and SSH access. I'll keep at it, I'm sure I can fix it now

Last edited:
Just dug through the services, it seems this comes back to corosync.service. Any ideas on that?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!