Looking for Advice: Should Proxmox have its own pool in TrueNAS?

pray4tre

Jun 14, 2023
Hello, I am looking to see if it's best practice to have a separated shared pool in TrueNAS for all proxmox VM's and containers?
Right now I have a dataset for Proxmox but not sure if this will cause some issues down the road.
I was debating on running 2 x 2TB drives in each server in a mirror and setting up a zfs pool directly in proxmox but the replication tasks and everything else seemed like it would be more of a pain then just running it how it is now.

If it helps, the rest of the pool is just media and file storage with some friends and family pulling from it throughout the day.

Thank you!

zfs ontop of zfs would not be good
a separat zvol/dataset would be better

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!