Login to web GUI: selection of realm based on user name suffix

Nov 7, 2023
I have users in multiple realms that would like to log in using their password managers.

Currently it seems as if users must manually select their realm from the drop down menu "Realm:" in order to successfully log in. Simply suffixing the realm name to the user name (notation "user_1@realm_a", as used in the web GUI) does not seem to work. This poses a problem when attempting to log in with password managers, as the selection of the drop down menu "Realm:" does not seem to allow auto filling values (I tried supplying the realm description, as visible in the drop down menu itself, without success).

A simple solution might be to allow suffixing the realm name in the user name filed (i.e. "user_1@realm_a" or "user_2@realm_b") of the login form.

Any other solutions that I might have missed/overlooked?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Taomyn and Dunuin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!