Linux Bridge 10Gbs speed

frednks

Jul 27, 2020
Hi
when I create a Linux Bridge, it always has a speed of 1Gbs.
How do I make the speed of the linux bridge interface at 10Gbs
I'm using proxmox version 6.1
it's possible?

I'm using VM as a router, using RouterOS from Mikrotik, the CHR version made for virtualized environment.
when I set up the bridge interface on the vm, if I put E1000, CHR raises the interface with 1Gps. When I leave Virtio, CHR goes up with unknown.
I'm going to do a troughput test leaving virtio to see if it passes more than 1gbs.
sorry for my English. I'm from Brasil!

according to :
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CHR#CHR_LicensingYou will need the the P10 license for 10 Gbit/s
You will need P-unlimited license for >= 10 Gbit/s.

60-day free trial license is available for all paid license levels. To get the free trial license, you have to have an account on MikroTik.com as all license management is done there.

Do you by any chance have a P1-License or a trial for a P1-license ?

Reactions: HiltonT
I'm using the free license for now, I haven't activated the P10 yet.

but, take a look at this print.
CHR goes up the interface with trading at 1Gbs, not 10Gb
in this print, in black is the bridge linux interface, see that it is negotiating 1Gb.
Now in red is the SFP + interface, see that it is trading 10Gb.

my question is, why the bridge interfaces linux is 1Gb, this has nothing to do with the license of mikrotik

Attachments

• chr-proxmox-1gbs-ethernet-vmbr.png
    chr-proxmox-1gbs-ethernet-vmbr.png
    157.3 KB · Views: 49
ok when i leave it on virt in CHR it is unknow, however i have not tested the network troughput, i will do that.

@ermanishchawla
can you help me, I went to update the network card and did not run the command #make install
do I have to install build-essential to run the make install command?

ok when i leave it on virt in CHR it is unknow, however i have not tested the network troughput, i will do that.

It will be 10gbps

@ermanishchawla
can you help me, I went to update the network card and did not run the command #make install
do I have to install build-essential to run the make install command?

Why you need to build from scratch for update, just download updated driver from your OEM

I download driver on the intel page, but when I run the #make install command
it gives an error something about the kernel version

is there any other way to install the driver?
I tried for life clyfe from dell, downloaded all possible drivers and firmware related to NIC Intel x520-da2, and none worked!

I will use it as a router, I will route packets and traffic media of 2Gbs per port sfp+.
I need to have the correct driver to avoid problems the way it is now, it's working fine, mikrotik CHR accepted the card, but I haven't done a stress test yet!

i have same issue
are you able to fix this ?
i don't use router in proxmox
only one vm and i get 1gb

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!