Link Backup Jobs

paolone

May 6, 2024
Hello

I'm new in Proxmox I've 2 backup jobs and I want to start the second job after the first finish.
How can I obtain this goal ?

My best regards

You may use a backup hook script for this. You can find an example on your Proxmox VE Server at
/usr/share/doc/pve-manager/examples/vzdump-hook-script.pl to get you started. The event you're looking for is probably the job-end.

Copy the script to e.g. /usr/local/bin/ and change it as you like. If you prefer to use any other script language, I'm sure there are more examples to find in the forum or elsewhere.

If your script is ready, edit the /etc/vzdump.conf, uncomment and add it to the script: line.

Reactions: Dunuin
You could also schedule the second backup job one minute after the first one. Here, PVE will only do one backup task per node at a time, so the second job should wait until the first one finished showing a "INFO: trying to get global lock - waiting..."

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!