[SOLVED] Licensed PVE 6.x on Debian Buster

ctrlspace

Jan 27, 2020
I am attempting to install PVE6.x on a custom Debian Buster install, and wanted to avoid having to go through package downgrade hell.

Currently I am at the point where I would add the Proxmox repos to Debian, but I cannot use the enterprise repos to do the package installation (no license installed).

I could use the non-sub repo to do the initial installation, but that would mean installation of unstable packages that I would have to downgrade once I install my license key and switch to the enterprise repositories.

Is there any way I can authorize my Debian install to use the enterprise repos without having to leverage the community repo?

Thanks.

Hi,

for the installation, you have to use the no-subscription repository.
after installation, you change the repository back to enterprise and you are fine.
The enterprise repository will catch up and replace the no-subscription once.

Understood, thanks for the reply. That does make the workflow for spawning these a bit easier.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!