KVM VM errors - where do they get logged ?

RolandK

Renowned Member
Mar 5, 2019
hello,

let there be some "Status: IO-Error" for a VM, for example bacause of out-of-diskspace condition.

Where can i see more details about such errors, i searched a while but can find no logfile containing it.

I had some host where VMs got io errors from time to time and i would have found out the reasoy much sooner, if i knew that IO-errors where getting caused becauso of intermittent lack of diskspace.

regards
Roland

You should be able to navigate to Node > Task History. There you will find a list of all tasks, find the one that caused the error and double click it.

well, from where does the proxmox gui get the information of kvm/qemu io errors ? can somewone give a hint where to look for that in the code? i don't find appropriate infos via grep....

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!