KVM Templates on Proxmox?

ejc317

Oct 18, 2012
Hi,

We currently are testing out a number of cloud platforms (cloudstack, proxmox, onapp, opennebula, etc) - we are coupling this with OpenFiler and OSNexus / Quantastor.

Just realized that one of the key differences is KVM templates. Is this likely in the near future? Otherwise we'll probably have to go with an alternative

Also, we tried to sign up for professional support but no response. Anyone know how to go about this

yes, your are a very active poster.

if you write that you signed up for commercial support and you got no answer I have to say that this is just not the truth - our commercial support team have fast response times and you cannot write here that you have to wait for days.

"writing emails" is not signing up for support. as a moderator here, I just need to need to comment on that.

I never said I signed up for support - I emailed you guys directly - we're more than happy to pay / partner up. Like I said in the email, we're trialing the software and comparing it to other cloud orchestration platforms and are on the cusp of making it work (Although the nodes just crashed and ccman cannot restart because it was in the midst of updating a cluster config and we can''t salvage it so we're re-installing)

We need to make sure the software is completely worthy of a full hosting production environment before deploying

I never said I signed up for support - I emailed you guys directly - we're more than happy to pay / partner up. Like I said in the email, we're trialing the software and comparing it to other cloud orchestration platforms and are on the cusp of making it work (Although the nodes just crashed and ccman cannot restart because it was in the midst of updating a cluster config and we can''t salvage it so we're re-installing)

We need to make sure the software is completely worthy of a full hosting production environment before deploying

as far as I understand your it looks like a not working cluster communication. but if you set this up probably in the recommended way, its very stable and reliable.

I've just re-set it up completely. The issue though is the potential for the entire cluster to break.

So the error we just had was the cluster.conf didn't propogate across nodes and when the server came back - cman wouldn't start because the cluster.conf was different on the other nodes ... is there a fix for something as catastrophic as this? there's nothing on the drives but if we had to reinstall that wouldn't work ...

As for paid support how much is it for say 4 nodes (In a test environment?) Is it $119 * 2 per node? So $250 of support for a year? We just want to have you guys help us set it up so that we can put it into our working hosting environment - most of our clients have been asking for cloud and we want to start it off right

yes, KVM templates are discussed many times already and you can expect them in the future.

So this is the biggest problem we see so far - templates for KVM

WE have a bunch of qcow and .raw.img templates - what is the best way to upload them? Write a script and have them copied into the respective folders? or should we use something like kickstart? (never used it on debian)

a workaround is working with backup/restore.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!