KVM and vzdump - Exclude from a backup some virtual disk

yes, but it's more complicated than I thought.
adding the parameter backup = no need to change the web interface because all the disks with the "backup = no" are not seen.

I completed the changes.
I'm sure it's working, tomorrow I can post the patch

OK these is the patch to exclude virtual disk from backup View attachment patch.zip.

this is the command I used to generate the patch:
diff -Nau /usr/share/perl5/PVE/QemuServer.pm /root/qemu-server_2010-09-20/QemuServer.pm > /root/dietmar/QemuServer.pm.patch
diff -Nau /usr/share/perl5/PVE/VZDump.pm /root/vzdump_2010-09-20/VZDump.pm > /root/dietmar/VZDump.pm.patch
diff -Nau /usr/share/perl5/PVE/VZDump/QemuServer.pm /root/qemu-server_2010-09-20/VZDump\:\:QemuServer.pm > /root/dietmar/VZDump\:\:QemuServer.pm.patch
diff -Nau /usr/share/pve-manager/root/qemu/hardware.htm /root/pve-manager_2010-09-20/www/root/qemu/hardware.htm > /root/dietmar/hardware.patch
diff -Nau /usr/sbin/qmrestore /root/qemu-server_2010-09-20/qmrestore > /root/dietmar/qmrestore.patch
diff -Nau /usr/sbin/qm /root/qemu-server_2010-09-20/qm > /root/dietmar/qm.patch
tar -cvpzf /root/patch.tgz /root/dietmar/*

After apply the patch is necessary restart pvedaemon and apache:
/etc/init.d/pvedaemon restart
apache2ctl restart

let me know if there are any problems, thanks a lot.
Marco

OK these is the patch to exclude virtual disk from backup

Please can you explain this:
Code:
--- /usr/share/perl5/PVE/VZDump.pm    2010-10-07 16:13:19.000000000 +0200
+++ /root/vzdump_2010-09-20/VZDump.pm    2010-09-20 16:18:03.000000000 +0200
@@ -832,8 +832,6 @@

$cleanup->{unlock} = 1;

-    $task->{logfd} = $logfd;
-
     # prepare

my $mode = $running ? $opts->{mode} : 'stop';

You don't need to fix it if I write "I will fix that" ;-)

Please can you test: ftp://download.proxmox.com/debian/dists/lenny/pvetest/binary-amd64/qemu-server_1.1-20_amd64.deb

(does not include changes to hardware.htm)

I have test your patch: it's work.

pveversion -v
pve-manager: 1.6-2 (pve-manager/1.6/5087)
running kernel: 2.6.32-4-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 1.6-19
pve-kernel-2.6.32-4-pve: 2.6.32-19
pve-kernel-2.6.32-2-pve: 2.6.32-8
pve-kernel-2.6.18-2-pve: 2.6.18-5
qemu-server: 1.1-20
pve-firmware: 1.0-8
libpve-storage-perl: 1.0-14
vncterm: 0.9-2
vzctl: 3.0.24-1pve4
vzdump: 1.2-7
vzprocps: 2.0.11-1dso2
vzquota: 3.0.11-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 0.12.5-1
ksm-control-daemon: 1.0-4

Dear Draguz and Dietmar,

I´ve been following this thread and it seems the new backup funcionality is now ok.
Thank you for all the work and congratulations.
I have just one question regarding the last modification by Dietmar.
Do I use the .deb file provided by Dietmar or wait for a .zip file to apply the patching procedure?

Jose

Dear Draguz and Dietmar,

I´ve been following this thread and it seems the new backup funcionality is now ok.
Thank you for all the work and congratulations.
I have just one question regarding the last modification by Dietmar.
Do I use the .deb file provided by Dietmar or wait for a .zip file to apply the patching procedure?

Jose

use the .deb file

dpkg -i FILENAME.deb

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but is this patch still available? I've tried the above link but it seems the .deb was moved.

EDIT: Scrap that. Linked to the forums using an old post view which didn't show it's inclusion into PVE :D

Hallo!
Is the "backup=no" option now (i'm using pve 1.9) valid in a [vmid].conf? I want to use this feature (excluding a disk from backup) but i can't find any info exept this thread.

yes, already working since a long time. see the man pages of qm for details,

Code:
man qm

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!