KVM 1.1-rc3 - pvetest repository

martin

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 28, 2005
We just released a bunch of new packages to our test repository (pvetest), including latest KVM 1.1-rc3, bug fixes and code cleanups.

Everybody is encouraged to test and give feedback!

After installing, your 'pveversion -v' should look like this:

Code:
pveversion -v

pve-manager: 2.1-5 (pve-manager/2.1/0fa60f36)
running kernel: 2.6.32-12-pve
proxmox-ve-2.6.32: 2.1-68
pve-kernel-2.6.32-12-pve: 2.6.32-68
lvm2: 2.02.95-1pve2
clvm: 2.02.95-1pve2
corosync-pve: 1.4.3-1
openais-pve: 1.1.4-2
libqb: 0.10.1-2
redhat-cluster-pve: 3.1.8-3
resource-agents-pve: 3.9.2-3
fence-agents-pve: 3.1.7-2
pve-cluster: 1.0-27
qemu-server: 2.0-40
pve-firmware: 1.0-16
libpve-common-perl: 1.0-28
libpve-access-control: 1.0-22
libpve-storage-perl: 2.0-20
vncterm: 1.0-2
vzctl: 3.0.30-2pve5
vzprocps: 2.0.11-2
vzquota: 3.0.12-3
pve-qemu-kvm: 1.1-2
ksm-control-daemon: 1.1-1

Thanks!
I wonder if when a new version of kvm comes out, it is always because qemu-kvm has changed, or kvm may have changes of its own, and not related to its qemu countepart.
i mean, the thread starte d with <<including latest KVM 1.1-rc3,>> so i guess KVM has a development of its own, but all the links mine and yours point to a qemu-kvm source of some kind...
(admitting a bit of ignorance here ;) )
[edit]..it shoud be this place, i think http://git.kernel.org/?p=virt/kvm/kvm.git;a=summary ?[/edit]
Marco

Last edited:
as soon as KVM release 1.1 stable and all tests are successful here.

Which is the correct course of action to take when going back to stable from pve-test?

Is it just to remove the pve-test entries in apt/sources.list then update & upgrade?

yes. but note, not all packages from pvetest will be moved to stable. always check 'pveversion -v'. do not use pvetest in production, its for testing but this should be clear due to the name.

Hi,

I am currently waiting for kvm-intel module to support nested KVM guests. Will this be included in that update?

If yes, I can't wait for it (unfortunately I don't have a dedicated test machine available to start my planned testing activities with nested guests already :-()

If no, would you consider offering a kvm-intel module which is also enabled to nested guests (like the amd module already is)?

Br
Julian

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!