Kernel 5.4.44-2-pve problem

this is probably the issue - the global filter uses regular expressions and not shell-globs:
`sda*` also matches `sd` and thus `sdb`
Code:
global_filter = [ "r|/dev/zd.*|", "r|/dev/mapper/pve-.*|" "r|/dev/mapper/.*-(vm|base)--[0-9]+--disk--[0-9]+|"]
try resetting the filter to the default - and regenerate the initrd (only for the current 5.4.44-2 kernel, so that the old ones don't get overwritten with a potentially broken one:
Code:
update-initramfs -k 5.4.44-2-pve -u
and reboot

@Stoiko Ivanov how does one do this from a rescue CD?

@Stoiko Ivanov how does one do this from a rescue CD?
Nothing too special regarding Proxmox VE (when booting from LVM) - boot the CD, enable your disk-stack (vgchange, etc.) mount your root filesystem, bind mount /dev, /sys, /proc, chroot inside the rootfs mountpoint, edit the config file, update-initramfs, exit the chroot, unmount everything, reboot

see e.g. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCdRecovery

I hope this helps

Nothing too special regarding Proxmox VE (when booting from LVM) - boot the CD, enable your disk-stack (vgchange, etc.) mount your root filesystem, bind mount /dev, /sys, /proc, chroot inside the rootfs mountpoint, edit the config file, update-initramfs, exit the chroot, unmount everything, reboot

see e.g. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCdRecovery

I hope this helps

Thanks. I was able to fix my issue by just booting to the previous kernel in the grub menu and then fixing my /etc/lvm/lvm.conf.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!