Keep copies of emails.

thiagotgc

Dec 17, 2019
Hello friends...

Is it possible to keep ALL messages for 7 days, even if it has been "accepted and delivered" to the recipient?

Why sometimes I need to resubmit several times for a problem, on the client server or do tests and etc ...

I would like to have for 7 days copy of the same messages being, Spam, Virus, Sent, and etc ...

Is it possible to keep ALL messages for 7 days, even if it has been "accepted and delivered" to the recipient?

You could create a rule with a single action - BCC to send a copy of every mail to another mailbox - this would be your archive

The cleanup after 7 days would need to be implemented on the server where the BCC mailbox is

I hope this helps!

BCC is bad.

I figured PMG could hold the messages for later reference or resubmission

Why is BCC bad?

You can also quarantine all mail - but then it will not get delivered to the mailboxes

I would like to have the emails stored for a period within PMG, easily resending if needed.

BCCing a mailbox with a high volume of messages will not be good practice.

Keeping all messages quarantined is interesting, but it would be ideal to send the emails, and keep them in PMG

NOTE: I currently use Xeams, and even in its free version it already does, which is very good. Whenever an email is lost, or missed, I can resend it.

Is it possible that way in PMG too?

No this is currently not possible - the way to duplicate mails in PMG is to BCC them somewhere (or attach them with a notify action).

Is it possible, then, for all incoming emails to be quarantined?

All messages, accept, reject, block and etc ...

You can quarantine all mails - but Quarantine is a final action (as is Accept and Block).
I.e. if you quarantine a mail it won't get blocked or accepted (sent to the user)

to quarantine all mail, just create a rule with a high priority and quarantine as action

Reactions: thiagotgc
Did anything change with this funcionality? Do you plan to implement it?
no - and currently there is no plan to implement it soon - since I still think that BCC to an archive mailbox should give you all the functionality.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: facyber

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!