Just after upgrade, SSH ok but no GUI

Jul 2, 2020
Hello,
I have trying twice install, but the same error at the end.
After install, I connect on GUI https interface, I start a full upgrade, at the end a message tell me that for all apply, it is need to reboot, so I click on reboot button, but after, it is not possible to connect on GUI console (reply ERR_TIMED_OUT).
I am a newbies with Proxmox, so I don't know where is the problem.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Version.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 4
  • events.txt
    9.1 KB · Views: 3
what does journalctl -b -u pve-cluster say?

how did you install? seems like your hostname does not resolve (properly):
Code:
Jul 02 20:59:32 host01 pmxcfs[1444]: [main] crit: Unable to get local IP address

then probably something is broken there. check your /etc/hosts and the output of hostname --ip-adress

# cat /etc/hosts
x.x.x.x host01.mydomain.com host01

127.0.1.1 host01.mydomain.com host01
#
where x.x.x.x is my public address
Also I don't have anything in /etc/pve

So I have deleted lines that start by 127.0.1.1 and apply # service pve-cluster restart

At this time it is possible to connect on web GUI console, but I have a symbol ? on Host01 and when I reboot host01, the system add automatically line begining by 127.0.1.1 in file hosts and web console doesn't start another.

I don't know what OVH does with their systems - possibly they have cloud-init installed or some similar mechanism that re-configures the system on bootup?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!