Join Cluster failed.

inDane

Jan 11, 2019
I have three nodes, all on the same version 6.0.6- with most recent updates.

I've created a cluster with two nodes, which work fine. Adding the third crashes the cluster and i need to forcefully shutdown the 3rd node the get into a working condition again.

It is the second time, that i'm trying to add this node the the cluster. (completely reinstalled after last try). Yet, both trys were more or less the same.

I used the Join Cluster Information from the GUI to join. After I pressed submit, the cluster froze. I shutdown the newly added node and voila, everything is working like before (except ofc, the red cross at the new node, since its offline). If I start the node again, it looks like everything is good, except:

Code:
()
Establishing API connection with host '192.168.178.100'
Login succeeded.
Request addition of this node
Join request OK, finishing setup locally
stopping pve-cluster service
backup old database to '/var/lib/pve-cluster/backup/config-1567688987.sql.gz'
waiting for quorum...OK
can't create shared ssh key database '/etc/pve/priv/authorized_keys'
(re)generate node files
generate new node certificate
TASK ERROR: unable to create directory '/etc/pve/nodes' - Permission denied

Yet, if I check the /etc/pve/nodes there is stuff in it... And if i click anything on the webgui, regarding the newly added node, everything will freeze and show these grey question marks on all nodes... Until i forcefully power down the newly added node...

What am I doing wrong?

Best
Ken

Attachments

• zatt_corosync.conf.txt
    538 bytes · Views: 0
i've got an idea, but i don't know if this is the cause... and I don't know how to check.
The storage local-zfs was present for both genesis nodes, one storage on both nodes. Usable for replica and migration. Before I added the new node, it already had a local-zfs storage... Does this matter?

today, both "genesis" nodes were not "Quorate" anymore-- i had to restart pvecluster.service and corosync.service and then set pvecm expected 2.
Now they are "happy" again.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!