Java VNC doesn't load in ubuntu hardy

R

r.fluttaz

Hi !
In ubuntu hardy, & firefox 3b5 the vnc applet java doesn't work !
Is there any way to make it works ? or a way to have the vnc connection information to connect via a real client ?

Hi !
In ubuntu hardy, & firefox 3b5 the vnc applet java doesn't work !
Is there any way to make it works ? or a way to have the vnc connection information to connect via a real client ?

hi,

should work without any problems on 32-bit.

please note: ONLY the sun-java6-plugin (or sun-java5-plugin) browser plugin works with Proxmox VE web interface.

currently there is NO sun-java browser plugin available for amd64 but I hope this will change soon.

there are some ways to install a 32-bit browser (see ubuntu forums) on a 64-bit system in order to run 32-bit browser plugins, but this is not an easy way. For desktop systems, I suggest using 32-bit to avoid this (and many other) browser plugin issues.

it's very strange, i'm on a 32 bits version ... and it doesn't work !

Kro, other java plugins do seem to work...at least the link you provided.

I can reaffirm, the Java applet for the vnc console doesn't work in Ubuntu 8.04, but this is the 'open' version of Java:

:~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b09)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 1.6.0-b09, mixed mode)

I suspect the 'closed' version works. I have also found similar problems with OpenJDK on other complex java apps (Lotus Notes web interface).

Kro, other java plugins do seem to work...at least the link you provided.

I can reaffirm, the Java applet for the vnc console doesn't work in Ubuntu 8.04, but this is the 'open' version of Java:

:~$ java -version
java version "1.6.0"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b09)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 1.6.0-b09, mixed mode)

I suspect the 'closed' version works. I have also found similar problems with OpenJDK on other complex java apps (Lotus Notes web interface).

the OpenJDK does not support all features needed. so currently only the sun-java-plugin works. unfortunately there is no plugin from sun for 64 bit firefox but as far as I know they are working on this.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!