Java console cert problem

Spanguel

Renowned Member
Nov 4, 2013
Hey there!

first of all. sorry for my bad english.. im trying my best to be understand.

Im running the Version 3.1-20 and i have some probs with my certs.
Ive set up a CA VM for my local domain and got it working for my proxmox maschine.
Ive imported my root ca and signed my request for my proxmox maschine.
Everything working fine so far.

except the java console.
theres still a cert failure.
when i click on "console" for any VM there comes the popup for the maschine and it looks good. even the green "https" for the accepted cert shows up (chrome).
and then the jave "fuuuu" window pops up. provider: UNKNOWN. (I call it "fuuuu" window cause.. you know..)
the warning says, that in future updates, java will not be able to connect to untrusted sources.
so im a little worried... now i can just click on "yes im really really sure that i want to connect to my own maschine...." (<- thats my impression of the button)

the cert says it comes from www.proxmox.com.

where can i edit the java certs? i just cant finde these file(s) -.-

in hope for help.
best regards.
Spanguel

Thx for the reply.
But it isnt solving my problem -.- ive seen that post before. im using windows and linux. so if im running openjdk or icedtea on linux it would propably solve it for now. but my windows client doesnt.
i just want to accept my certs or better switch them. the certs are as "UNKNOWN" displayed -.-
is there no way to just replace the certs? -> that would perfectly solve it cause i have build my own root-ca wich is acting as root-ca for a few ppl. ^^

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!