Java runtime security warning when opening a console

DavideP

Sep 13, 2013
First of all many thanks to the ProxMox team for this great software!
Now my question, every time i open a VM console i get a security warning from java 7.4 runtime that says that i am about to run an unlimited app from an unknown author.
I can check the "I am aware of the risk, execute it anyway" checkbox and the console starts, but the next time the warning will show up again.
Do you know if there is a way to get rid of it for good?

Many thanks in advance.
Davide.

Attachments

• Java.jpg
    Java.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 57
you can lower the security settings to medium (java client settings) or use a trusted certificate.

you can lower the security settings to medium (java client settings) or use a trusted certificate.

Lowered the security to medium and still no joy, the trusted certificate is a bit pricey solution, i guess i will get used to this warning. :)

Sorry for the silly question, but how can I do this?
I tried to import the certificate pretty much everywhere, also in the "Trusted root CA", but it doesn't work. :-|

Hi everyone!

Is there a working solution for this? Lowering the java security settings to medium also doesnt solve the problem.
im at sun java 1.7.0_45

With java 1.7.0_45-b18 I have the following security warning:

Java Security Warning.png

The yellow section reports that the problem is that the manifest does not contain the Permissions attribute. Clicking on More Information, you will be redirect on the following page and here you will find the istructions to modify the manifest.
Does this issue will be fixed with a future update?

Thanks,

--
Lorenzo

I guess nobody really knows what Oracle tries to do. They change the security code with each release, and popup the same dialogs again and again even if the user says he wants to trust.

So we will try to move to spice/remote-viewer in near future.

I guess nobody really knows what Oracle tries to do.

LOL - sometimes I think they don't even know what they're trying to do.

So we will try to move to spice/remote-viewer in near future.

That would mean a client is required on every system you want to run it on, right? Will you keep the Java as a fallback option for those who can't install a SPICE client (or don't want to)? A lot of the times I need to use the VNC consoles at the moment are to quickly check things (or quickly start an install of a new OS, etc), and a lot of the time it's from whatever random PC is closest.
The Java errors might be annoying, but it's less annoying than having no access at all.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!