Issues with networking after moving V-sphere guest to Proxmox

franksantoro01

Dec 5, 2022
I am attempting to move one of my VMs setup in Hyper-V to Proxmox. I followed instructions online and moved over the image and mounted it, booted up the VM, but im running into issues with the network. I created a virtual bridge and gave it a static IP Address(/32), and im using that bridge specifically for this VM. After booting up the VM, it has no IP Address and it looks like the virtual interface is showing as disabled. Not sure how I resolve this. Cant ping the gateway because it does not have an IP or any routes. I also made sure to specify that the vlan tag(5) that I have for this network matches the settings in both the virtual interface and the network device for the VM.

Troubleshooting.jpg

Conversion Issue.jpg

Please correct me, if I misunderstand you, but you have to configure the network inside the VM.
The IP configuration on the interfaces (e.g. a bridge) on the PVE-host itself is there to reach the PVE-host on that interface with the specified IP address.

Please correct me, if I misunderstand you, but you have to configure the network inside the VM.
The IP configuration on the interfaces (e.g. a bridge) on the PVE-host itself is there to reach the PVE-host on that interface with the specified IP address.
Thats what I thought, but I shutdown the old VM on HyperV, turned on the VM in Proxmox, and kept the same exact network settings. Same IP, Gateway, VLAN, everything. I would think that would have covered me. Im not sure what other configuration I need to do. I have been going back and forth between hyperV and Proxmox and comparing settings but I cant find any differences except for the HyperV instance showing an IP Address for its virtual interface

The NIC of the VM on hyper-v probably wasn't named ens18 but something else, so you might need to change the network config of that VM to match the new NIC name?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!