Issues configuring sync between local and remote host

T20A02

Oct 24, 2023
Good afternoon, all
I have spent some good time with this issue and it is a new one for me. Today I decided to switch the VPS server I was using for my remote PBS server as I wanted more space and some better specs in general. I installed a fresh copy of PBS on it, configured the data store on the server, but now I cannot setup the sync job. I updated my port forward to match the new source IP of the new VPS, and I can add my local server as a remote on the VPS but when I try to select the data store i get the following error depicted in the screenshot below. I have quadruple checked the IP's and credentials of the user's configured on both servers. I also have a ~40ms ping to the VPS

Screenshot_20241011_162907.png

Ended up being an issue with the local PBS server. I moved the NIC in use, and this caused some crazy issues with the system, including update issues, resolution issues, and the system trying to use ipv6 only.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!