[SOLVED] issue with space

killmasta93

Renowned Member
Aug 13, 2017
Hi,
I was wondering if someone could assit me on the issue im having. Currently have proxmox ZFS raid 1, the issue is the space im not sure howcome its consuming alot? i check the space and does not make any sense. see picture

Thank you
https://imgur.com/a/5aAqxpE

on the disk 103 says 750 gigs but its a windows server data disk only using around 350 gigs i gave the disk 750 but i assume because it wont use all of that

Thanks for the reply, so i solved it but using a different approach. i gave my windows server 750 gigs but only was using 250 gigs so i was looking at the storage zfs says it was using 720 gigs i did not understand, as if windows was telling proxmox it was using that much which it wasnt. so i create another virutal disk to the windows this time with 350 gigs and passed the info and deleted the virutal disk of 750 disk. im not sure why it happened maybe because im using write back?

And Again: :rolleyes: Have you enabled ThinProvisioning on Datacenter --> Storage --> YourPool/Dataset

Strange. Normaly with that option only that space what really in use in the vm, is used in the image. So if you create a new disk, how much space is use in that image?

Code:
zfs list
And choose the line with your newly created disk.

i know it was odd the new disk is disk 2 vm 103

Code:
root@prometheus:~# zfs list
NAME                       USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
rpool                      433G   466G   104K  /rpool
rpool/ROOT                49.7G   466G    96K  /rpool/ROOT
rpool/ROOT/pve-1          49.7G   466G  49.7G  /
rpool/data                 384G   466G    96K  /rpool/data
rpool/data/vm-100-disk-1  7.36G   466G  7.36G  -
rpool/data/vm-101-disk-0  26.7G   466G  26.7G  -
rpool/data/vm-103-disk-0  17.8G   466G  17.8G  -
rpool/data/vm-103-disk-2   332G   466G   332G  -

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!