Issue with mailfilters not blocking

llars-int

Feb 13, 2023
Hi all,

I have a mysql server that i host my virtual and transport maps, which i have manually added into the postfix config on my Proxmox Mail Gateway. In these virtual maps, i have email aliases, such as an alias called test-list1@example.com that sends anything to that email to a few people.

I am trying to create a mail filter that blocks certain users from emailing that alias. But the rule doesnt seem to work.

I created a Who object with the test-list1@example.com and a Who object with a blocklist. I then created a mail filter that has a "Block" action and in the "To:" i use the who object that has the "test-list1@example.com" and the "From:" with the blocklist. But ive tried adding my email to the block list and the email still delivers to "test-list1@example.com". I have the direction of the rule set to in & out as well.

Any ideas? Or will filters not work with aliases?

Thanks,
Luke

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!