Issue on VLAN Bridge Ports and 10GBe

Seed

Oct 18, 2019
I have 3 hosts that have a couple 10GBe interfaces on em. I am having an issue getting a VLAN on a KVM host to run at full 10GBe. It's running at 1GBe from my tests but only on VLAN 8. If I assign the VM IP to be the same subnet as the HOST IP subnet it gets full 10GBe. So I am not sure what I am missing. The VLANs can pass through fine, as DHCP gets the right IP on the VM when it's tagged, it's the speed that is throwing me off. Why can't VLAN 8 get full 10GBe? Do I need another bridge for just this VLAN on the host?

Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eno1 inet manual

iface eno2 inet manual

iface eno3 inet manual

iface eno4 inet manual

iface vmbr0 inet static
    address  192.168.7.111
    netmask  24
    bridge-ports eno1
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0

auto vmbr1
iface vmbr1 inet static
    address  192.168.7.240
    netmask  24
    gateway  192.168.7.1
    bridge-ports eno3
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0
    bridge-vlan-aware yes
    bridge-vids 2-4094
#VM Interface

auto vmbr2
iface vmbr2 inet static
    address  192.168.12.240
    netmask  24
    bridge-ports eno4
    bridge-stp off
    bridge-fd 0
#Storage Interface

I think this has something to do with inter vlan traffic. It may have to go to the UDM-PRO from the 16XG >> 48P PoE which is on a 1gbit uplink. I think if I change the uplink to go from the UDM-PRO to the 16XG direct over the 10G link it should fix that.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!