Is there any way to use Tape Backup to backup files from PBS in addition to datastore

hive

Mar 6, 2021
I have some files that I store on the same zpool that is used to store datastores. Is there any way to select files outside of a datastore and write them to a tape using Tape Backup directly? It seems that this is not supported, and that Tape Backup will only backup data in a Datastore (that has been put there via a Proxmox backup client.
Do I have this right?

yes, the built-in tape backup only backups snapshots/groups from existing datastores (it reuses the chunk system from there) if you wan to use the pbs tape backup system, you first have to backup the data into the datastore

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!