Is there a way to "guess" the quarantine url of the daily spam reports a user will receive?

Jan 20, 2022
Our use case is such that a user might be waiting for an email to confirm a new account he's set up or something of that nature. If PMG keeps this email in quarantine a user will have to manually find one of the previous quarantine report emails and release the email. If such an email doesn't exist (deleted or a new user) there seems to be no way other than waiting for the quarantine email to arrive the next day, at which time the original confirmation request will have expired.

Obviously a PMG admin can release such emails right away, but is there a way where a 1. level admin would just send the user the link to his quarantined emails so they can release whatever is waiting themselves? I suspect that unless we start to manage individual users in e.g. ldap, this is not possible because the link gets created automatically when the notification email is compiled.

Would a script be feasible which a 1. level admin could run which would automatically release whatever is in quarantine for a specific email address?
Anyone got any other ideas?

Our use case is such that a user might be waiting for an email to confirm a new account he's set up or something of that nature. If PMG keeps this email in quarantine a user will have to manually find one of the previous quarantine report emails and release the email. If such an email doesn't exist (deleted or a new user) there seems to be no way other than waiting for the quarantine email to arrive the next day, at which time the original confirmation request will have expired.

Obviously a PMG admin can release such emails right away, but is there a way where a 1. level admin would just send the user the link to his quarantined emails so they can release whatever is waiting themselves? I suspect that unless we start to manage individual users in e.g. ldap, this is not possible because the link gets created automatically when the notification email is compiled.
I would suggest to enable the quarantine link on the login page - then the recipient can visit the login-page of pmg - enter their e-mail address and will get a mail with a login-link

see 4.8.2 at https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#pmgconfig_spamdetector
(this is currently not exposed in the GUI and needs to be entered into /etc/pmg/pmg.conf

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!