Is there a trace/log of GUI operations done to config Proxmox

guitarddns

Member
Aug 16, 2024
15
1
8
Hi all - have not yet found answer to my question - Is there a trace/log of GUI operations done to config Proxmox ? - I can't find it in /var/log/
or in journal of services

thanks in advance

John
 
Hi Longer - I mean operation on VM ect. add-remove storage - change of net ect.
thx bbgeek17 - that was the one I was looking for - by the way can U also point to the GUI for task - I don't see it in admin guide - but it is only for nice to know :-) - thx John
 
Hi Longer - I mean operation on VM ect. add-remove storage - change of net ect.
thx bbgeek17 - that was the one I was looking for - by the way can U also point to the GUI for task - I don't see it in admin guide - but it is only for nice to know :-) - thx John

Alright, I believe bbgeek17 answer covers it in a neat way.

In the documentation its also mentioned in:
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#_task_history
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#_log_panel

Also:
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/pve-admin-guide.html#cli_pvenode_task_log
pvenode task log <upid> [OPTIONS]
This is very useful to list and check as well.

Also all those tasks appears in journalctl of the node.