Is posible to create your own templates/iso online storage ?

Bidi

Renowned Member
Feb 12, 2016
Hy guys,

I got a strange question :) i got an vps where i keep all my templates and iso images and all the time if i make some changes or adding new os i have to manualy upload to all 15 dedicated servers witch is a pain for me.

I was wondering if is posible instead of the templates you can fiind on the storage > templates selecting one and it download to the server to change it with your own one :) and download them from your own vps where i keep all the os, and skip to manualy download them on all the servers

I add a photo so you can see much better what i`m asking.

Thank you

Attachments

• templates.png
    templates.png
    49.9 KB · Views: 13
Those dedicated servers can share a common network share, e.g. via NFS? If so, this is easy: Just export a directory to all your nodes and put your templates and isos there. This is common practice in local datacenters.

What we do on off-site datacenters is that we replicate the storage to all nodes in order do sync them. This can be done via rsync or via zfs replication.

All the servers ar in the same network, same switches only some of them they got ip range diffrent from other.
Is there an tutorial on how to create an NFS ?

Or from where dose proxmox takes those templates, some config, url ?

the two template sources (TurnKeyLinux and our own) are hard-coded. if there is real interest, it would of course be possible to open this up and provide some kind of customization options there - feel free to file an enhancement request at bugzilla.proxmox.com if you really want this (and provide testing feedback or ideally contribute the patches yourself ;))

the two template sources (TurnKeyLinux and our own) are hard-coded. if there is real interest, it would of course be possible to open this up and provide some kind of customization options there - feel free to file an enhancement request at bugzilla.proxmox.com if you really want this (and provide testing feedback or ideally contribute the patches yourself ;))

Yea will be nice but i dont have subscription for proxmox :) and i dont see what they should do it for me

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!