IPv6 help

abdul201588

Sep 6, 2019
Hello All, I have a dedicated server with OVH and I am trying to use my IPv6 address I was not given a gateway address. . I do not understand IPv6... The IP address
2607:5300:60:4b95::1

Please help. :(

for the most part IPv6 is like IPv4 - you need to know your network and routers.
However with IPv6 there quite a few things which can be automatically configured - e.g. slaac (stateless automatic address configuration - get an ip automatically), router advertisments (get your routers/gateways automatically)

check if you have set everything to get router advertisments via sysctl: `sysctl -a |grep accept_ra` (see https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt for official documentation)

However just like with ipv4 - each network provider has its slightly own way of doing it - so it would probably be better to ask for support at OVH!

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!