IOMMU passthrough HDD

kssathishmail

Jan 25, 2022
Hi,

I want to learn Proxmox. Did a fresh install to bare metal. Installation and VM creation are successful. Now, trying to Passthrough HDD to VM (Freenas installed). failed to make it work. I have gone through many tutorials, forums, etc to implement/configure IOMMU. But no success. Getting the following message while trying to passthrough the HDD.

1643118084390.png

Hence, creating this post. Need help. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I want to learn Proxmox. Did a fresh install to bare metal. Installation and VM creation are successful. Now, trying to Passthrough HDD to VM (Freenas installed). failed to make it work. I have gone through many tutorials, forums, etc to implement/configure IOMMU. But no success. Getting the following message while trying to passthrough the HDD.

View attachment 33612

Hence, creating this post. Need help. Thanks in advance.
use eg , qm set 102 -scsi2 /dev/disk/by-id/ata-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

first you need to find the disks id by ,"ls -l /dev/disk/by-id" , then which VM to send it too eg 102 , the scsi2 the second drive , if you need more repeat and increase the scsi number .

use eg , qm set 102 -scsi2 /dev/disk/by-id/ata-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

first you need to find the disks id by ,"ls -l /dev/disk/by-id" , then which VM to send it too eg 102 , the scsi2 the second drive , if you need more repeat and increase the scsi number .
Thank you so much. I followed your instruction. Added the disks directly to FreeNAS and everything working great.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!