IOMMU and PCI 4-port ETH card

bearhntr

Sep 9, 2022
Atlanta, GA USA
I have a little head-scratcher. I have installed HP 331T-4 card in my Proxmox computer. IOMMU setup performed and I am able to add the ports to a VM...but it appears that if I enable this setting - the VM will show all 4 ports and I can choose any of the 4-ports 0000:01:00.0 (.1, .2, .3) for pfSense with no problems.

1671117450360.png

If I do not enable this setting - it appears that only the PORT that I chose comes in - but I cannot add a second PCI Device and choose another one of the ports. When I do this, only one of them is seen (shows in the pfSense).

Do I need to do something to make each port separate? As I tried to add PCI Device to another VM - and I got an error that it is already in use (VMID 100 - is the pfSense VM):

1671117896282.png

I gave this a try -- added 0000:01:00.0 (without the ALL FUNCTIONS option) to VM100 - and rebooted. Everything still working there.

I then shut down VM300 and added 0000:01:00.3 (port-4 from same card) to the VM - again without ALL FUNCTIONS enabled) -- when I started the VM, I got the error below, and the VM does not start.

1671119459793.png

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!