Aug 19, 2022
Hardware:

Ryzen 5700G
ASRock X570M Pro4
64GB DDR4-3600
PCI SATA card with 8x SATA ports, 9x HHDs in total
2x NVMe SSDs and 1x SATA SSD
AMD Radeon Vega 56 8G

I'm trying to get this set up with GPU passthrough to one VM. Long before I can even get to the VM however, I am getting ACPI-related errors followed by lockup on boot after POST and before login if I enable IO_MMU in the BIOS. I've tried probably 5x different BIOS versions and multiple different kernel versions (can list them all if need be). Am running Proxmox 7.1. It seems like turning on IO_MMU in the BIOS triggers these errors regardless of whether I have AMD_IOMMU enabled in the kernel (through GRUB).

[0.9041581 ACPI BIOS Error (bug): Could not resolve symbol [\ SB.PCIO.GP17.UGA.LCD. _BCM.AFN71, AE _NOT_FOUND (20210331/psargs-330) [0,905250] ACPI Error: Aborting method \ SB.PCIO.GP17.VGA.LCD. BCM due to previous error (AE NOT POUND) (20210331 /psparse-529)

Edit 1: if I set acpi=off in the kernel boot options through GRUB, the errors disappear, but then all of my CPU cores fail to report when I check /proc/cpuinfo.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!