IO Errors

bdlcalvin

Jul 2, 2024
Hello,

I'm rather new to Proxmox, so please forgive my noobiness. This morning I was working on in a Windows 11 VM and all of a sudden got disconnected with an IO error. I tried rebooting the Proxmox server and still encountered the same error. I can start and run other VMs just fine, but now I get an error saying something like: "unable to open file '/etc/pve/nodes/pve/qemu-server/104.conf.tmp.28416' - Input/output error (500)". I checked the disks and they all seem okay. Is there something I'm missing? Is it possible there's a write lock on a drive that would cause the IO error? Any advice would be appreciated!

Removing the disk and reinstalling it seems to have worked. Even still, I will plan on replacing the drive. Is there a user friendly way to back up all one's VMs?

Reactions: Kingneutron

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!