Internet stuck when uploading large files from client

albertoZurini

Dec 7, 2019
Basically when I run a
Code:
git push
the internet on my QEMU VM gets stuck. I can't ping anything on both LAN and WAN, I can only ping the host server.
I initially thought this was an Ubuntu 18.04 issue, so I installed Kubuntu 19.10 but the problem persists. What can I do?

Configuration:
Mobo: Gigabyte X99 UD3
CPU: I7 5820k
GPU-passthrough: GTX 960

I have another machine with PVE with a QEMU GPU-passthrough client with Ubuntu 18.04 which hasn't problems, the only difference is that that PC has an AMD CPU.

hi,

most likely a networking misconfig?

do you have firewall enabled on the VM?

what is your /etc/network/interfaces file looking like on PVE host and in the VM?

UFW is inactive in the VM.
/etc/network/interfaces looks the following on the host:
Code:
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eno1 inet manual

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.99
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        gateway 192.168.1.1
        bridge_ports eno1
        bridge_stp off
        bridge_fd 0

/etc/netplan/01-network-manager-all.yaml on the client looks the following:
Code:
# Let NetworkManager manage all devices on this system
network:
  version: 2
  renderer: NetworkManager

It is something pretty strange, apparently, my client appears to have correct network settings (in fact everything is as it is since installation) but the network has this problem. Now I've tried running git push from a docker container and it works! I could alias git to docker run ..., but it is uglyo_O

hi,

that is weird for sure.

is it only git push that's not working? maybe you have a DNS problem? what does it return when you run dig proxmox.com

I've noticed problems in general uploads to cloud services and even issues with my Chromecast or remote control applications (both running on LAN).

I've now tried changing the network card from virtio to Intel E1000, I've now run some tests and the network seems more reliable. I will post here new updates in the next days.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!