Intel single IGPU passthrough

StefanK

Aug 3, 2023
I have the following hardware:

Motherboard: Gigabyte W480 vision D
CPU: W1390

I have tried a lot of tutorials but no luck so far. I also saw someone here with almost the same CPU and it's working for him so I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.
The issue I have is that when starting the VM i get the message "failed to setup intel igd regions" (and that i have to make sure that it's not in use...). Some tutorials are suggesting that it needs a rom, so a vbios dump but also no luck for me here, as soon as I try this on ubuntu it's giving me a input/output error.

I think my main questions to start with

1) How do i get this dump from my IGPU
2) How should i install proxmox, UEFI or legacy?
3) Are there any BIOS settings I should change?

I Have a secondary GPU so if this is needed to do certain things like dumping the vbios, then i can use it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!